- In the event of a closing or delayed opening due to inclement weather or other emergency, an announcement will be placed prominently on the church website and on the church voicemail at 703-938-9050.
- Office staff will attempt to notify the contact person for affected activities.
- A determination of church program status will be made and communicated as expeditiously as possible. The goal is to make a determination by 6:00 am for morning and daytime operations and activities, and by 2:00 pm for evening activities. Sometimes there are circumstances that make these timelines unrealistic. We appreciate your understanding.
- Every effort will be made to conduct Sunday morning worship and Sunday School. Only extremely hazardous weather, impassable travel conditions, severe damage to facilities, and/or a power outage at the church will cause a cancellation.
- If at all possible, weddings, funerals, and major one‑time special events will be conducted as scheduled.
- Cancellation of Sunday evening programs will be announced on the voicemail message at 703-938-9050, and posted prominently on the VPC website by 2:00 pm.
VPC program activities will follow the same schedule as Fairfax County Public Schools.
- If school is delayed in the morning, all morning activities will be canceled.
- If school is dismissed early, all evening activities will be canceled.
- If schools are closed for the day, all activities will be canceled for the day.
The church office will remain open whenever possible. The Leadership Team will determine if the weather conditions are too extreme for the office to open. In the event that the office is closed, an announcement will be available on the voicemail message at 703-938-9050 and on the VPC website.