The Menís Outreach Dinners, frequently known as the Great Steak Outs, provide an opportunity for food and fellowship. What makes these events unique is that they provide an opportunity for men of the VPC community to invite others who may not otherwise be involved in a Christian community to share time and a chance to hear the Gospel, possibly even for the first time.
Watch for announcements in the Sunday Bulletins, and on this webpage, for the next Great Steak Out dinner.
Next Men's SteakOut Dinner:
- When: Monday, September 15, 7:00-8:30 pm;
"Stepping Into the Unknown".
- Where: Vienna Presbyterian Church, Great Hall. (Directions)
- Speaker: Frank Finelli, a Managing Director of The Carlyle Group (see bio below).
- Cost: $20 per person in advance or $25 at the door; $10 in advance or $15 at the door for a non-VPC guest or those in transition. (Cost includes steak dinner and program.)
- Who: All men.
- Registration: Please register at Bridgepoint Connections by Sunday, September 14. Be sure to register all attendees so we have an accurate count.
- For more information please contact Phil Kratovil at 703-937-1897 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- About Our Guest Speaker:
Frank Finelli is a Managing Director of The Carlyle Group--one of the world's largest and most successful investment firms in the world with over $180 billion in assets under management--where he has served for over 16 years.
Mr. Finelli is focused on U.S. investment opportunities in the aerospace, defense, and security sectors. He has led teams on several acquisitions and financial restructurings, and also provides support to portfolio companies. Frank is a retired Army Lieutenant Colonel, Chartered Financial Analyst, and member of the Council on Foreign Relations.
In 1999, Frank donated part of his liver to his dying neighbor, Jim Traficant--an experience which affected his personal, professional, and spiritual life in dramatic ways.
At the dinner, Frank will describe how following God's direction for his life has given him the courage and strength to step into the unknown.