The Library (LARC) is open with a qualified librarian for assistance:
- Sunday 9:00 am - 11:00 am
- Monday 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Thursday 9:30 am - 12:00 noon
The schedule is also posted on the LARC door.
Location: Main hallway on the 2nd floor of the Ministry Center.
- Commentaries on the current sermon series and classes
- Books, CDs, and DVDs
- Reading recommendations from pastors
- Baptism classes
- Marriage and relationships
- Small Groups
- Stephen Ministry
- John Calvin Collection
- Pastor Horace C. "Luke" Lukens
Direct link to the LARC Homepage www.viennapres.org/library
Points of contact:
Head Librarian: Ginger Sparber
703-938-9050, ext. 148
LARC Management Team Chair: George L. Marling
Visit the children's library page - "THE F.R.O.G. Pond"
- Ellen Perkins
The Ellen Perkins Memorial Library and Adult Resource Center (LARC) serves and supports the Call-Equip-Send missions of Vienna Presbyterian Church by developing and promoting the use of information resources for the spiritual growth of the members and friends of the congregation through research and education.
- Automated catalog and electronic circulation (check-out/check-in) system
- Audio books, CDs, DVDs for circulation
- Books in reference collections for research
- Public computer with access to the Internet for research on religious topics
- Gently used books available for purchase
In recognition of the life and service of Mary Ellen Park Perkins
September 9, 1925 to April 13, 2002
The dedication service held April 15, 2007, recognized the naming of the VPC Library and Adult Resource Center for Ellen Perkins, whose estate contributed a generous bequest to VPC to establish the library as a resource to the educational programs that she supported during her lifetime. This is a worthy testimonial to the legacy of Ellen Perkins in fulfilling her wishes for the memorial.
During her long years of membership and service in VPC, Ellen was also active in many ways:
- Founder of the Deacons Bookstall, a predecessor to the Adult Ministries Bookstall and the current book store
- Teacher in the children's Sunday school
- Member of the Deacons Board
- Member of Presbyterian Women in Circle 7 - particularly active in organizing the kitchen area
- Participant in SWATT (Seniors with Available Time and Talents)
- Participant in the VPC exercise classes
For more information contact George Marling at 703-281-2025 or email@example.com.
- Ellen Perkins Family at the Dedication of the Library