- CenterPoint... Where Faith and Life Connect
CenterPoint is an adult Christian Enrichment Education program offering Classes, Forums and Regional Religious Studies for persons at all stages of their faith journeys.
- Classes, ranging from basic to advanced, provide content aimed at enhancing understanding of the Christian faith and what it means to be a disciple of Christ in modern life. Classes typically meet for five sessions on either Sunday or Tuesday evenings. The instructors are drawn from VPC staff, regional pastors, seminary faculty, and community professionals. Basic discipleship classes are free; a $25 fee is charged for all other classes.
- Forums are special one time events focused on a topic of timely interest. They are usually held immediately following the 11:00 am Sunday service, and an inexpensive lunch, when requested in advance, is offered as an option.
- Regional Religious Studies combines in-class study with travel to a geographical region, to provide students a first-hand exploration of the religious heritage and history of a specific country or region, and to promote a better understanding of our religious history. The course, referred to as a Discovery Journey, is designed to provide opportunities for VPC students and pastors to move religious studies beyond the book world, to the world of reality. There is no classroom substitute for the intensive learning and insights that come from walking where believers through the centuries lived, worked, worshiped and died. Discovery Journeys to international destinations usually last 15 to 21 days, those in the United States are shorter. A five-session class on either Sunday or Tuesday evenings to learn about the culture and history of the destination, scope of the journey, as well as some travel related tips and suggestions precedes all Discovery Journeys.
For more information about CenterPoint, contact Glenda Simpkins Hoffman at 703-938-9050 x114, or email@example.com.
- There are no Forums currently scheduled.
Regional Religious Studies
A. Religious and Rennaissance History, Art and Architecture in Italy
Planning for the Discovery Journey to Italy in September 2014 is completed, and several spaces are still available.
Details pertaining to this trip are provided in the PDF documents below:
Enrollment Application: Enrollment forms will be sent upon request. If you are interested in receiving an enrollment form, please send an email to Jim Leach at firstname.lastname@example.org.
B. Discovery Journey to Israel and Jordan
CenterPoint is considering a Discovery Journey to Israel and Jordan in May 2015 if sufficient interest and support is shown. The Journey will visit many, if not all, of the sites visited during the 2009 journey. A photo journal book of the 2009 Discovery Journey titled “Holy Land Discovery Journey” by Ronniejean Irvin is available in the VPC library. You can also prevue the book on-line at www.blurb.com/books/1435825-holy-land-discovery-journey.
This book will provide a unique prevue of many of the places that are likely to be visited as well as many interesting facts and details.
See more information about this proposed Discovery Journey to the Holy Land.
If you are interested in participating, please send an email expressing your interest in the Israel Journey to Jim Leach at email@example.com.