At Vienna Presbyterian Church, we take our role in your marriage very seriously, as you entrust us with the worship service and the preparation for marriage. To help prepare you for the rest of your life (beyond the big day!), we require your participation in our Marriage Preparation Program, which includes these two steps:
- Marriage Preparation ClassesThe Marriage Preparation Classes meet:
- Four Sunday mornings in the Parlor:
On three of the Sundays the class will meet from 10:45 am-12:15 pm, and on the other Sunday the class will meet from 10:45 am-2:00 pm, with a light meal; and
- One Saturday morning (within the month) from 8:45 am-12:30 pm.
The topics discussed during Sunday morning sessions are “Oh, my gosh! I’ve got In-laws – and I’m one, too!” (Families of Origin), “Why Can’t You Be More Like Me?” (Temperament Types), “The BIG DAY is Over – NOW WHAT?” (Goals & Expectations for Life Together), "He Said/She Heard/He Meant...She Said/He Heard/She Meant" (Communication), and “Covenant vs. Contract” (Biblical Principles for Marriage). The Saturday morning session is Marriage and Money.
These sessions are free and are required for those being married by our pastors.
Register for the Marriage Preparation Classes using the online registration form, or contact Mary Monie at 703-938-9050 x110 or mary.monie(at)viennapres.org.
Schedule of upcoming classes (see Note1):
- No additional classes are scheduled for 2014.
- No additional classes are scheduled for 2014. Watch here for the schedule of 2015 classes.
Note1 -- Please understand that a minimum of three couples is needed to constitute a class, so the offering of seminars is contingent upon the number who enroll. Please make your date preference known early so that you are not disappointed.
- Meeting with Officiating Pastor The meeting with the officiating Pastor from VPC, to plan the service, is scheduled individually, after the completion of the classes.