Power Up is a 252 Basics curriculum for our Kindergarten through 4th grade classes at 9:30 and 11:00 am. It is a holistic experience including:
- Small groups where children get to know each other
- Large Group Time with singing and interactive, transformational teaching through drama
Power Up! is based on Luke 2:52, “And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.” Each week children will hear three significant points:
- Wisdom - I need to make the wise choice.
- Faith - I can trust God no matter what...
- Friendship - I should treat others the way I want to be treated.
Children will begin in small groups, move with their leader and other classes into one large K-4 session for worship, drama and teaching, and then return to their small groups for related activities to help them apply all they’ve learned to their lives.
Each month is based on a different VIRTUE (such as love, kindness, humility, generosity), with a different illustrative Bible story each week.
How can you help your children make the most of Power Up?
- Attend regularly so that your children build strong relationships with their small group leader and other children in the group
- Ask them what they’ve been doing at Power Up! each week
- Sign-up to receive weekly online Take-Home activities
- Consider purchasing the monthly FamilyTimes™ Virtue Pack (goes with the monthly theme) - designed to help equip parents with tools to make the most of everyday moments with their children
For more information please peruse the curriculum website at www.252Basics.org, or contact Dawn Geschiere at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. You may sign up and register here, online, for any children's Sunday School class.
Bridges and Gateways classes will continue to be available at 9:30--please consider becoming a two-hour family on Sunday mornings!