(Click a camp title to see detailed information and to register)
Creativity Camp (Due to Fairfax Co.
School schedule, there will not be
a Creativity Camp in 2014)
K - 3rd
Camp Highroad (Off-site Camp)
Camp is full; registration is closed3
4th - 7th
VBS ("Weird Animals")
age 4 - 3rd
Music and Drama Camp
4th - 8th
Children's Missions Week
4th - 7th
July 28-Aug 1
1Camp Highroad will be held Wed-Sat, June 25-28 due to extension of the school year; cost was
2Cost is $57 per child, or $40 if a parent volunteers all week; $185 max per family.
3Registration for this camp is now closed.
We need volunteers to help specifically for VBS "Weird Animals". If you are a parent of a VBS participate and can help in any way, please note it on the application form. If you are a youth or an adult without children in VBS but want to volunteer, please contact Karen Covell at karen.covell(at)viennapres.org.
6 MONTH RULE: VPC’s insurance requires that all new volunteers have an affiliation with our church over the previous 6 months. If you do not attend VPC and have not volunteered before, you must be involved in an activity or have a child who attends a VPC activity, group, class, etc. in order to volunteer with children. If you have questions about eligibility, please contact Michelle Lowell at michelle.lowell(at)viennapres.org.
All volunteers (including youth 14 and older) must complete a Volunteer Application. Please check with Michelle Lowell at email@example.com if you are not sure if you have completed an application.
General Information -- 2014 Summer Camps
- Registration is done online. The only form that should be mailed to the church is the signature form for Camp Highroad and Children's Missions Week.
- A separate registration is required for each child, for each session he/she is to attend. The forms for each session are different, so be sure to complete and submit the forms for the proper session(s).
- All camps have space limitations, so please register EARLY.
- Payment must be received with registration to guarantee your child’s spot in the camp.
- Financial assistance or partial scholarships are available; see the Scholarship Policy and Application Form, or contact Karen Covell for details at 703-938-9050 x125 or karen.covell(at)viennapres.org.
- Camp Refund Policy - We're happy to refund cancellations (minus a $5 administration fee) until the camp registration deadline (noted in each camp description). As almost all the costs cover equipment and supplies, we're not able to refund any fees after that date. Thanks for your understanding.
- Payment Only. If you have already submitted all required registration and release forms, you may proceed directly to the payment page. This is not for new registrations.
Camp Highroad is a beautiful camp and retreat center located in Middleburg, VA and offers a variety of exciting activities for our campers. Your child will enjoy archery, low ropes, canoeing, creek hikes, survival class, stream studies, swimming (in a pool), hayrides, grass-boarding, Bible studies, and group games. Additionally, rising 5th-7th graders can use the zipline, and rising 6th and 7th graders can try the climbing wall, high ropes, and giant swing.
- This camp is full; registration is now closed.
- June 25-28 (Wednesday-Saturday), 8:30 am - 4:00 pm (8:20 am the first day).
- For rising 4th through rising 7th grade.
- Cost: $142 per child (includes transportation costs).
- Each child will be provided with a camp T-shirt. Otherwise children should wear/bring clothing appropriate for the activities above.
- Please bring a bag lunch and a drink each day. A snack will be provided.
- Registration deadline: June 1, 2014.
- If you have already registered for this camp, you may still:
(1) complete the Medical Release Form; or
(2) make payment if you have not already done so.
- Registration is now closed.
God filled the world with a lot of crazy creatures—including you! When kids feel weird or different nothing compares to the extraordinary love of Jesus. At Weird Animals Vacation Bible School, kids experience God’s Word in surprising and unforgettable ways! Activities include: Bible Adventures (drama), Creation Station (crafts), Sing and Play Stamped (music), Critter Café (snacks), and Untamed Games.
- July 7-11, 9:00 am - 12:15 pm.
- Ages: 4 years old (as of Sept. 30, 2014) - rising 3rd grade.
- Cost: $57 per child, $185 maximum per family; $40 for each child if a parent volunteers ALL week. (Includes one sing/play CD per family).
- VBS Celebration: Sunday morning at the 11:00 am worship service.
- A snack will be provided each day. (Please indicate your child’s food allergies so we can plan accordingly).
- Each child will be provided with a camp T-shirt. Otherwise children should wear clothing appropriate for the activities listed above.
- Mini-VBS: For 3 year old children of volunteers who work all week. $20 per child.
- Childcare is also available for younger children of parents who volunteer, with prior registration at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-938-9050 x351.
- Registration deadline: June 1, 2014 or until full. Please register early; payment must be received with registration to guarantee a spot.
- Registration: Register now through June 1 (or until VBS is full).
▲Return to Index
This week is for children interested in participating in different realms of service in the area. Opportunities have included preparing used glasses to send to people who can’t afford glasses, visiting with senior citizens in retirement homes, spending time at a drop-in shelter for homeless people, and working with people who have special needs. Friday, we'll conclude with a STOP HUNGER NOW project assembling thousands of meals for people in crisis around the world. The week also includes opportunities for children to journal about their service, to hear from speakers with various service opportunities, and to get to know one another as they serve. Friday there will be a chance for parents to hear about what the kids have been doing all week.
- July 28-August 1, 9:00 am - 2:00 pm.
- For children rising 4th through rising 7th grade.
- Cost: $115 per child.
- Children should wear clothing which allows them coverage for outside work and freedom of movement as we will be doing a variety of activities each day.
- Please bring a non-perishable bag lunch including a drink each day of camp. (Please note that snacks will NOT be provided at this camp).
- A camp T-shirt will be provided to each child.
- Registration deadline: June 30, 2014 (or when camp is full; camp typically fills fast so register early).
- If you have already registered for this camp but need to complete the Medical Release Form, you may skip directly to that form.
- Registration: Register now through June 30 (or until camp is full).
▲Return to Index
Music and Drama Camp
Music and Drama Camp is a fun-filled week for those children in rising 4th-8th grades who have a true passion for Musical Theatre. Participants will work with returning director Becca Wimmer to create a set, perform the music, and gain a basic understanding of musical theatre production. It is an intensive week of training culminating in a performance on Friday night to show off their talents. This year we will perform “Acorns to Oaks,“ a musical by best-selling children's musical creator Celeste Clydesdale. The story is based on the parable of the seed and the sower and uses fun-to-sing music to teach children about growing in Christ.
- July 21-25, 9:00 am - 2:00 pm.
- For children rising 4th through rising 8th grades.
- Cost: $95 per child; the cost includes one DVD of the production.
- Performance: Friday, July 25, at 7:30 pm.
- Two auditions will be held in May/early June for those desiring a speaking part or solo. Children do not need to audition to be part of the ensemble. Note that auditions will occur before registration closes, so register early if you wish to audition.
- Registration deadline: June 30, 2014.
- Registration: Register now through June 30 or until camp is full.
▲Return to Index