- Discover or rediscover what makes Faith an important part of your life
- Affirm the vows made on your behalf at your baptism, taking ownership of your faith and beliefs
- Join the church by becoming a member of VPC
Students are eligible to enroll in the Confirmation process beginning their 9th grade year and can choose to go through the process any subsequent year.
Confirmation is comprised of:
- 10 classes, 11:00 am-noon during our regular AM time – from January 10-March 13
- Being a regular part of a small group (every Sunday, 6:30-8:30 pm starting in September)
- Recognition of students on Bible Sunday, September 27. Each student will receive a study Bible.
- An overnight retreat at Vienna Presbyterian
- Banquet with Session members – parents are invited too!
- Confirmation Sunday
We also encourage students to connect to the community by attending other Student Ministry events, like our Fall Retreat, Sunday School throughout the year, and service events.
- Who is God?
- Who is Jesus?
- Who did God create me to be?
- What is the role of the Holy Spirit in my life?
- How can I be part of Christian community and, specifically, VPC?
- Understanding and applying Scripture
- Spiritual practices & habits
- Presbyterian beliefs
- And a chance to ask the pastors questions
All students and families considering Confirmation this year should plan to attend the Interest Meeting on September 13 following the third service. Come learn about the commitment of Confirmation for students and their families. We ask that both students and parents make a serious commitment to the Confirmation process; thus attendance for students is required at all Confirmation events.
Cost: $20 (covers the retreat fees)
Parents are invited to take part in a parent study group based on “Sticky Faith” that will be held Sunday evenings starting in January. More information to come.
Here’s what parents have said about Sticky Faith:
- “It was great to connect with other parents who were in the same stage as I am. It made me consider how we talk about faith at home as a family.“
- “I enjoyed the videos and the discussion time afterwards, especially discussing how to get more adults involved in helping my kid’s faith develop.“
- “It’s never too soon to be thinking about how to instill faith in students so they stick with it when they go off to college!”
Please be sure to complete all required forms.
- Registration: Register online now through September 24 to submit your application. Online payment of the $20 class fee, by credit card, will be requested on the screen following registration.
- The Student Ministries Registration and Release/Medical Information Form must be on file at VPC. If the Confirmand does not already have a Release form on file, please complete and submit this form to Student Ministries. This is a hardcopy PDF form which must be filled-out by hand and returned to VPC according to instructions on the form.
- The Confirmand Information Form (online form) is required of all Confirmands. The information on this form will be used to complete the Confirmation Certificate.
- The Baptism Application Form (online form) is required for Confirmands who have not yet been Baptized. Please complete this application if you need to be Baptized.
For more information please contact Thea Jeschke at thea.jeschke(at)viennapres.org or 703-938-9050 x128.