- (click to enlarge)
Knitters are needed for Knit, Purl, Love... a Christian ministry that knits for orphans and children in need. Hand knitted scarves will go to orphans and children in need locally and internationally.
Every hand-knitted (or crocheted) gift will be personalized with the knitters name and a Bible Verse. As of January 2015 we have sent over 5100 scarves to orphans in Eastern Europe (Moldova and Ukraine) as well as children in need in the Washington DC area thru Homestretch and Cornerstone School.
- Scarves and teddy bears can be mailed to:
Anna Katherine Scott
9705 Chilcott Manor Way
Vienna, VA 22181
- Locally they can be dropped off at the Vienna Presbyterian Church office, located at 124 Park Street NE, Vienna, VA 22180 (phone 703-938-9050).
- Scarves can be any size or color - scarves needed for boys and girls ages 4-16.
- Teddy bears can be any pattern as long as they are no bigger than 12 inches. (See links to two patterns in the right-hand column.)
- All scarves and teddy bears will be labeled with a Bible verse and the knitters name and hometown. (You can also label if you want, but we are happy to do it for you!) As an example each scarf will be personalized like this: Handmade especially for you with love in the name of Jesus by Anna Katherine Scot from Vienna, VA USA. "Jesus said: 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'" – Matthew 22:37-39
- Please use your talents and creative license to create something special with your personal touch.
Check out our movie on YouTube: www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWiCpljGyUk.
For more information:
God bless you and your willingness to make a difference in the life of orphaned children. Please pray that God blesses this ministry and encourage other knitters to join this ministry! Thank you so much.