Have problems? Have questions or comments? Can't connect? Want to give us your feedback?
- Please email us at webcast(at)viennapres.org.
- Streaming will start automatically when the broadcast is live; there is no "Play" button to click.
- If you are unable to see the service "live" (due to your own schedule or due to technical difficulties with livestreaming itself), the worship service will normally be available for viewing on the VPC website, within 1-2 days, at www.viennapres.org/sermons.
- If the livestreaming viewing box shows "Please wait for the broadcast to begin" but it is during a scheduled broadcast time, that likely means we are experiencing technical difficulties with the streaming. If we are able to capture the video, it will be available later as described above.
- You may view the broadcast full-screen by clicking the "Full" icon in the upper right corner of the streaming box; use <ESCape> to exit full screen. Note that this icon will show only when you "mouse over" the streaming box AND while the broadcast is live.
- The live streaming used by VPC, livestream.com, is compatible with computers (Windows and Mac) and mobile devices. You will not need to install additional software or apps. (If using Windows XP, you may need to update Adobe Flash at http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/. If using XP and Internet Explorer and your IE version is too old, download Firefox for free at http://www.mozilla.com/.)
- You may follow the order of worship and view other sections of the Sunday bulletin during the broadcast by clicking the Bulletin link in the right sidebar.
- You should be able to use your computer for other purposes during the broadcast. Be sure to open a different TAB in your browser; if you close the live streaming TAB, you will have to restart the streaming session.
- If you do experience problems with live streaming, please report that to us by email, at webcast(at)viennapres.org.