(audio only, available during Sunday services and other special events)
(video and audio, available during Sunday services and other special events)
- Worship Live (both Listen Live and Live Video Streaming) provides live broadcast of worship services via audio/video streaming over the internet. This service is available during Sunday morning worship services (8:00-9:00, 9:30-10:30 and 11:00-noon; and during concerts and special events).
- The worship section of the Sunday bulletin, and Announcements, can be viewed online (see below) before the service or while listening to or watching the service.
View the order of worship section of the bulletin that matches the service you are streaming.
Additional Bulletin sections which may be viewed online:
- Worship Live audio/video streaming will only be available during worship services or other special occasions. It will not be available early, and therefore you will be unable to connect before the start of the service.
- Please provide feedback to us on your Worship Live experience, especially if you have any difficulties. Use the Feedback link at the bottom of this page.
- Your computer must have the capability to play "live streaming". This feature is standard on current Windows-based operating systems.
- For non-Windows systems, such as the MAC, free software suitable for live streaming is available for download; see the VPC Site Help page.
- If you use an iPad or iPhone, applications that play radio stations that stream their broadcasts over the internet may also allow you to listen to the VPC Listen Live feed. To do this, they must support streams that use MMS. We know that the following apps will work:If you find another app that works, please let us know and we'll add it to this list.
- If you try Listen Live and get a "cannot connect" message, it could be that you are trying to connect too early (outside the windows of broadcast), or that all available VPC "streams" are in use. We need to be made aware of this problem so we can increase the number of simultaneous streams.
- Volume control: You may have to contend with two different volume control functions. The software (Windows Media Player, RealPlayer, Jukebox, or others) has it's own integrated volume control. Your computer has a separate volume control. You may need to adjust both of these upward for the volume you want.
- If you experience "cutting out" of the audio while listening, please be sure to report that to us. Most likely the problem will be with your internet service or connection, but we want to hear of these problems.
- Still having trouble connecting? Is your internet service provider (ISP) Verizon FIOS and do you use Windows 7? View a possible solution to the problem.
- You may be able to use your computer for other purposes during the broadcast, but that is dependent upon many factors, such as the service provided by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), the type of internet connection you have, and your computer.
- You may view the worship pages of the Bulletin while listening to the audio broadcast. The media player for the service audio will open and play in a new browser window; do not close that window, but return to this window to view the bulletin. Then select the appropriate bulletin to view, from the list above, based on the starting time of the service. These worship sections from the Sunday bulletin are normally available on Friday before the Sunday service.
- Listening Live on a laptop may be less than optimal unless you have a set of high quality speakers.
Please let us know at email@example.com about your experience with Listen Live -- bad or good. We want to hear from you. Please provide all of the details you can about any problem you encounter. And let us know of your good experiences as well.
▲ Return to top of page