Worship is dynamic at VPC. Designed to engage your mind and heart, we pray our worship services challenge you to draw closer to God and discover how He is calling you to live.
9:00AM Contemporary Service – This worship service is contemporary; music led by our worship team. Children’s programming is offered at this time. Childcare is available for infants to 3 years.
10:10AM – Check out the groups for adults, youth, and kids (infants – 12) before or after worship. These groups are a great way to meet people, grow in Christ, and to connect at VPC.
11:15AM Traditional Service – This worship service is traditional; music is led by the Sanctuary choir with organ and piano. Childcare is available for infants to 3 years.
Assistive Listening Devices
Assistive listening devices are available in the balcony, for all worship services, from the Sound Technician. The Sound Technician will be in the center of the rear balcony. Ask any of the ushers for additional assistance.
Large-print Bibles and large-print hymnals are available for all worship services; ask an usher for assistance. Also braille signs are posted at all elevators and at the entrance to all rooms.
VPC is currently equipped with:
- Parking for people with physical disabilities
- Wheelchair ramps and automated door openers into the church
- Elevators to move between floors
- Wide-access doorways and levered door knobs, wheelchair accessible restrooms and water fountains
- Bibles and hymnals in large print
- Braille nomenclature on elevators and room entryways
- Hearing impaired system for worship
- In the event of a closing or delayed opening due to inclement weather or other emergency, an announcement will be placed prominently on the church website and on the church voicemail at 703.938.9050.
- Office staff will attempt to notify the contact person for affected activities if necessary.
- A determination of church program status will be made and communicated as expeditiously as possible. The goal is to make a determination by 7:00am for morning and daytime operations and activities, and by 3:00pm for evening activities. Sometimes there are circumstances that make these timelines unrealistic. We appreciate your understanding.
Worship Services, Sunday Programs, and Special Events
- Every effort will be made to conduct Sunday morning worship and Sunday Morning Learning Communities. Only extremely hazardous weather, impassable travel conditions, severe damage to facilities, and/or a power outage at the church will cause a cancellation.
- If at all possible, weddings, funerals, and major one‑time special events will be conducted as scheduled.
- Cancellation of Sunday evening programs will be announced on the voicemail message at 703.938.9050, and posted prominently on the VPC website by 3:00pm.
Most VPC program activities, other than major Outreach Events, will follow the same schedule as Fairfax County Public Schools.
- If school is delayed in the morning, all morning activities will be canceled.
- If school is dismissed early, all evening activities will be canceled.
- If schools are closed for the day, all activities will be canceled for the day.
- Major Outreach Events will be considered on a case-by-case basis and the status posted on the VPC website as soon as possible.
Weekday Office Operations
The church office will remain open whenever possible. The Leadership Team will determine if the weather conditions are too extreme for the office to open. In the event that the office is closed, an announcement will be available on the voicemail message at 703.938.9050 and on the VPC website.
Get in Touch
Have questions about VPC? We’d love to help.